buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Customizing repositories, methods of downloading artifacts
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 19:44:47 GMT
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Ed Smiley <> wrote:

> Hi All,
> This is a somewhat open ended question.
> I built a component for uploading  and downloading versioned components
> using S3, which closely resembles the Maven spec (group/component/version
> and type), although it supports directory trees as well as zip and jar
> files.  Is it possible to extend the Buildr repository types, or add custom
> code to a artifact in some fashion, so that the implementation would work
> more or less transparently?

No, there's no such support right now.

> I have it working fine, but using custom methods.  I thought it would be
> cooler if I could make it more transparent.

The most transparent and straightforward way I can think of is using URLs,
e.g. s3://mybucket/path/to/repository/base, and allowing different protocol
implementations to be plugged in based on the URL scheme.

As an aside, I've implemented a simple Sinatra-based HTTP proxy which
allows HTTP downloads backed by an S3 repository using Basic Auth.    But
it doesn't support uploads at this point.