buildr-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Tiwald <>
Subject Re: Newbie custom layout question
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:57:48 GMT
On Jan 25, 2012, at 9:34 AM, Mark - Mixtup wrote:

> The reason why I'm trying to avoid a public repository is because the application needs
to compile inside a client's network and they have a network policy which only allows port
80. I am (perhaps incorrectly) assuming that connections to pubilc repositories go through
some port other than 80 though. Is my assumption correct?

Uhhh. I think so? Looks like the API at would let you do jar downloads over
HTTP. Regardless, it's an easy test. If you can configure your network similarly, or have
access to theirs, make a test directory and drop this buildfile in it. Then run `buildr build`.
The download occurs before the compilation task is executed, so you don't even need java source
to attempt the download. Tested this locally and it works for me:

repositories.remote << ""

TEST = 'org.apache.rat:apache-rat:jar:0.8'          # jar picked at random

define 'foo' do
  compile.with TEST

Regardless, if that doesn't work, that previous post about local jar files looks extremely
simple, and might better suit your client's needs.

Christopher Tiwald

Reliability Architect
Salsa Labs, Inc.