buildr-users mailing list archives

From Mark - Mixtup <>
Subject Re: Newbie custom layout question
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:34:00 GMT
Hey Christopher,

That's exactly the post I was looking for, thanks!

The reason why I'm trying to avoid a public repository is because the
application needs to compile inside a client's network and they have a
network policy which only allows port 80. I am (perhaps incorrectly)
assuming that connections to pubilc repositories go through some port other
than 80 though. Is my assumption correct?

On 25 January 2012 15:15, Christopher Tiwald <> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2012, at 7:20 AM, Mark - Mixtup wrote:
> That fixed it! I'm now running into an issue with libraries but that makes
> sense because I haven't included the local lib directory anywhere. I think
> I saw a post somewhere in the lists about using lib/*jar so I'm off to hunt
> for that.
> Happy to help. I work with an unusually structured application, too, and
> the ability to define new layouts is one of my favorite parts of buildr. My
> app downloads artifacts at build time, thus I can't speak to specifying
> local libraries directly. Nevertheless this looks extremely promising and
> quite simple:
> Depending on your compile dependencies, it might be worthwhile looking
> into whether or not you can get all of them or most of them from a public
> repository -- You
> might be able to eliminate the lib/ directory entirely, and then building
> your application is as simple as pulling it from version control onto any
> machine that has buildr and an internet connection, and typing `buildr
> build`.
> By the way, as I'm fumbling through this I'm making notes that could be
> turned into useful additions to the online documentation. I'd be happy to
> contribute some time to that if you guys thought it would be useful?
> I'll let the project contributors speak to that, but I'm sure any thoughts
> on the docs are welcome :-).
> --
> Christopher Tiwald
> Reliability Architect
> Salsa Labs, Inc.

Mark Coleman - +31(0)652134960 - Mixtup <>
[image: Facebook]<>[image:
Youtube] <>[image: