buildr-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Tiwald <>
Subject Is it possible to run a top-level task in Buildr.ant directly?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:19:05 GMT
Apologies if this is the wrong forum for Antwrap questions, but as I'm attempting to run it
using Buildr.ant, I figured it was worth a shot.

I'm attempting to write an extension that uses Tomcat's $CATLALINA_BASE/bin/catalina-tasks.xml.
In a normal build.xml, I'd write an include task, which would look something like the following:

<project name="myProject" basedir="." />
    <import file="${tomcat.home}/bin/catalina-tasks.xml"/>

Using Buildr.ant I get the following error -- "BuildException : import only allowed as a top-level
task." Tracing back through the atoulme-antwrap source, it looks like the issue arises in
ant_task.rb, line 56 in v0.7.2:

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like every instance of AntTask is given an owner Target,
which then causes top-level tasks like `import` to fail. I've got a few workarounds, specified
at All the same, I'm curious if there is a way
to run top-level tasks in Buildr.ant I'm just missing.

Christopher Tiwald

Reliability Architect
Salsa Labs, Inc.