buildr-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Tiwald <>
Subject Re: Newbie custom layout question
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:15:10 GMT
On Jan 25, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Christopher Tiwald wrote:

>> The reason why I'm trying to avoid a public repository is because the application
needs to compile inside a client's network and they have a network policy which only allows
port 80. I am (perhaps incorrectly) assuming that connections to pubilc repositories go through
some port other than 80 though. Is my assumption correct?
> Uhhh. I think so? Looks like the API at would let you do jar downloads
over HTTP.

Whoops. Meant to suggest I think they are run off port 80. Regardless, you should be able
to test it with that buildfile, using whichever public repositories you choose. You could
also consider setting up a local artifactory installation inside their firewall:
It's straightforward to setup and easy to maintain.

All the same, if remotes aren't right for your use case, stick with the lib/* directory. Remote
public repos carry some strong advantages, but it might not be worth the extra work :-). Their
source shouldn't have any significant impact on your ability to compile or package your application
in buildr.

Christopher Tiwald

Reliability Architect
Salsa Labs, Inc.