buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Shapiro, Jason" <>
Subject Problem With New buildr Install
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:08:34 GMT

I just downloaded and installed ruby 1.8.7 and buildr 1.4.6 on mac os x
Lion.  I'm getting an error when I run 'buildr build' for the first time:

Downloading org.apache.ant:ant:jar:1.8.0
undefined method `closed?' for nil:NilClass
Buildr aborted!
RuntimeError : Failed to download org.apache.ant:ant:jar:1.8.0, tried the
following repositories:

I don't get the error on 'buildr clean'

I had buildr previously installed from macports.  I first saw this error on
that install, so I uninstalled and reinstalled without macports, but I
still get the same error.  I'm wondering if a previous install may have
left some kind of configuration file that I'm not aware of.  Can anybody
help me debug this?