buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot artifacts
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:57:37 GMT
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Dominic Graefen
<dominic.graefen@gmail.com>wrote:

> I looked in the source and found that it is checking for updated snapshots
> via a maven-metadata.xml which contains the latest update timestamp.
> But I don't have that metadata file, is that something my repository
> (nexus) should create?

It's typically created by Maven during (snapshot) artifact deployment.
 Buildr does not currently update metadata.xml.

My problem with the update_snapshots option is that it always updates and
> therefore always forces a recompile of the whole project.

Please file a bug :(  ... and dig into it if you can!

> Therefore I don't think it needs to be available as a setting in the yaml
> file,
> and would rather find a way to have snapshots only update when they are
> newer than in my local repository.

Ok.

alex