buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildr and c++
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:02:20 GMT
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Chris Holden <cholden14@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone have any tips or tricks for using buildr with c++ projects?
>
> About to start on and figured I could ask the experts :)
>
> Needs to be able to run debug, optimized or both depending on what the
> developer needs.

I'd get familiar with lib/buildr/core/compile.rb to understand what/how you
need to implement a compiler, possibly looking at the
lib/buildr/java/compiler.rb as an example that uses options.

If you want to generate both debug and optimized at once, I'd consider
creating two instances of the compiler with different set options.  This is
not a "standard" thing with Buildr currently but it's pretty easy to set
up;  see recent post about running Java compiler twice (
http://markmail.org/message/mwjwxh2fxu7xhjln) as an example.

alex