buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Line, Steve" <steve.l...@redprairie.com>
Subject Re: Trying to update buildr on Solaris 10
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:09:17 GMT
Thanks Alex.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Alex Boisvert <alex.boisvert@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I would start by upgrading either your system Ruby to use the latest
> Rubygems:
> http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/3#page14

I've run both
gem update --system
and
ruby -S gem update --system
with my path pointing to normal ruby
and
jruby -S gem update --system
with my path pointing to jruby

They both say that ruby gems is up to date:

ruby is in /opt/csw/bin below

# echo $PATH
/opt/csw/gcc3/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:.
# ruby -S gem update --system
Latest version currently installed. Aborting.
# gem update --system
Latest version currently installed. Aborting.

and for jruby:
# echo $PATH
/opt/jruby/jruby-1.1.4/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:.
# jruby -S gem update --system
Updating RubyGems
Nothing to update

> Or upgrade your JRuby installation to a recent version (1.6.x+).
>
> Once you have recent versions of JRuby/Rubygems, I think your buildr
> installation should go much smoother.

Ok, I'll try updating jruby next, as I said to Rhett.  Is there a quick way
to do this?

--
Steven Line
303-215-0131