buildr-users mailing list archives

From Dieter Vrancken <>
Subject Re: Resource filtering does not handle binary files?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:38:31 GMT
Hi Alex,

thanks for the quick response! How do I apply this monkey-patch? Just
drop it in my tasks directory?

As for detecting binary content... I noticed that String has a method
called is_binary_data? apparently contributed by yaml (*). It seems to
do the trick, but I don't know if you can depend on it.

Best regards,

On 09/27/2011 08:16 PM, Alex Boisvert wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Dieter Vrancken<
>>  wrote:
>> We are filtering our resources with settings from the profile and it is
>> great! The problem is that one of our devs added a png image to the
>> resources directory. As the filter tries to interpolate variables into this
>> binary file, it fails miserably. Are we not supposed to put binary files in
>> our resources? That would be unfortunate!
> Hi Dieter,
> Yeah, that's a problem.  You can circumvent the problem by monkey-patching
> the Mapper class, e.g.,
> I'll fix this in Buildr so the next release doesn't apply filter mappings
> willy-nelly on binary files.  (BTW, do you have any suggestion on good
> binary content detection?)
> Thanks for bringing this up.
> alex

View raw message