buildr-users mailing list archives

From Dieter Vrancken <>
Subject Resource filtering does not handle binary files?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:02:42 GMT

we've been using Buildr for some time now and really like it. I ran into
a problem though recently that I am not sure of how to address.

We are filtering our resources with settings from the profile and it is
great! The problem is that one of our devs added a png image to the
resources directory. As the filter tries to interpolate variables into
this binary file, it fails miserably. Are we not supposed to put binary
files in our resources? That would be unfortunate!

I get the following trace:
   ArgumentError : symbol string may not contain '\0'
   org/jruby/ `to_sym'
At line 319, the variable key contains binary data, which to_sym really
does not like as it contains '\0'. I think the bigger problem is that
transform() tries to perform text substitution on content for which
is_binary_data? returns true. Why would buildr attempt this in the first

Can you please advise me on how to get my build back to working?
(without moving the png that is)

View raw message