buildr-users mailing list archives

From Damian Monogue <>
Subject Antwrap task classpath woes.
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:14:19 GMT

I was hoping you kind folks could help me out.

I'm attempting to reuse some of our old ant scripts in our current push to
implement buildr as our new build tool. I've been trucking along ok, but now
I'm having issues with it not wanting to load all of the jars in

I'm calling => "/home/dmonogue/apache-ant-1.6.5")
as /home/dmonogue/apache-ant-1.6.5 is where I exploded the 1.6.5 .tar.bz2
distributed on the site. everything chugs along great, until
I get to a replaceregexp task, whereupon it blows up with the following:

build.xml:916: Problem: failed to create task or type replaceregexp
Cause: the class was
not found.
        This looks like one of Ant's optional components.
Action: Check that the appropriate optional JAR exists in
        -the IDE Ant configuration dialogs

Do not panic, this is a common problem.
The commonest cause is a missing JAR.

This is not a bug; it is a configuration problem

The ant-nodeps.jar file (which contains the classfile) exists in
/home/dmonogue/apache-ant-1.6.5/lib directory but is apparently not actually
being loaded in any fashion which ant recognizes. I have tried also with ant
1.7.1 with the same results.

It may be worth noting that I couldn't get any of the ant tasks to work
until I added

to the top of my buildfile, as it was then dying on such things as:

 NoClassDefFoundError : org/apache/tools/ant/DefaultLogger

I only even tried the Java.load because I found something in the
documentation which mentioned it for using external java libraries with
buildr, and I figured it couldn't hurt to try it.

Is there something obvious I've overlooked? This is the last major hurdle in
proving we can use buildr for our build tool here, so any help at all is