buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chris Adams <>
Subject Fwd: Git Remote Authentication
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:09:24 GMT
I just wanted to follow-up that I was able to finally get this working. It's
quite a bit more complicated on Windows than Mac or Linux :)

For anybody else on Windows the way I finally got this working was to use
ssh and the ssh-agent to store the password for my private key. However,
ssh-agent was quite a pain to get running within Windows. I finally had to
just create an init-script in my %HOME%/.profile that started the agent and
set the appropriate environment variables and switch to using the git-bash
instead of the windows cmd prompt.

The init script I ended up using came from this blog posting:

- Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Adams <>
Date: Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Subject: Git Remote Authentication

I was wondering what is the proper way of handling git push, etc. with
buildr? Is it to use a netrc or ssh/config?
Is there a way to specify the password in a configuration file that buildr
will then use and input the password?

- Chris

*Chris Adams*
Senior Software Engineer
*eDataSource (formerly Email Data Source)*
212-514-8900 | *main*
816-343-4904 | *direct**
*402-203-6466 | *cell*