buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chris Adams <>
Subject Re: How To Control Default Sub-Project
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:05:07 GMT
Hi Allen,

I'm trying to mimic ant's default target capability with buildr. (and maybe
I'm using the buildr's sub-projects incorrectly.) But, what I have is the

desc 'EDS Analyst Build Project'
define 'outside-project' do
   define 'sub-project1' do

   define 'sub-project2' do

   define 'webapp-1' do
      compile.with project(sub-project1), project(sub-project2)

   define 'webapp-2' do
      compile.with project(sub-project2)

Where the different webapps depend upon one-to-many sub-projects. I would
like the no-arg buildr to invoke the 'build' task on webapp-1 since that is
the most commonly built application we have. And then a buildr "package"
task to invoke the 'package' task on the webapp-1.

I may also be completely missing the project/sub-project paradigm that
buildr uses to handle many top-level applications that all dependent upon a
common subset of components.

- Chris