buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chris Adams <>
Subject Buildr Always Re-Compiling
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 03:57:41 GMT
I sincerely apologize for all the questions this evening.

I'm trying to figure out why buildr keeps recompiling this project, even if
nothing has changed.
  desc 'The base webapp libraries which are used by multiple projects'
  define 'eds-webapp-runtime' do
    compile.with LOG4J, STRUTS, J2EE.servlet, transitive(J2EE.jsp),

The "eds-runtime" project does not attempt to recompile; however, the
"eds-webapp-runtime" project executes the compile task every single time.
There's nothing special or fancy about this project, it only has one single
/src/main/java folder and the compile task outputs the classes to
/target/classes as expected.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this project to recompile?
The only thing I could find was the 'transitive' method for the dependency,
but I couldn't determine why that would matter.

- Chris