buildr-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Tiwald <>
Subject Dumb packaging question
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:51:04 GMT
This thing's driving me nuts, so I'm hoping for a little group wisdom.
I'm trying to package a WAR with some run-time libraries (i.e. unused in
compilation), but without other libraries (that throw tomcat errors
because tomcat already has them).

i.e. I'm trying to do the following simultaneously:

package(:war).libs += (LIBRARY_A, LIBRARY_B)
package(:war).libs -= (LIBRARY_C)

The easiest way, of course, would be to just be write an array
(PACKAGE_THESE_LIBRARIES) that comprises all the correct libraries, and
then use the 'with' method. On the other hand I've got something like
100 libraries and this doesn't strike me as terribly elegant. I'm trying
to maximize understandability, readability, and repeatability, because
our maven pom.xml's had none of those qualities.

Is there an obvious way to do this I'm missing here?

View raw message