buildr-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject presentation about buildr (in french)
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:57:27 GMT
Hi all,

I forgot to tell you I made a 30 minute session in french about buildr
at the Agile Conference France 2011. It went well and I found it very
easy for me to "sell" buildr.
Slides are available online if you can read french [1] and [2].

I would like to run it in english at the XP Days Benelux 2011 (selection
process stil running). I would appreciate any feedback.
Here is my abstract :
buildr, a simple, powerful and efficient build tool

Buildr is build on top of rake, “the ruby make”, and ruby. Buildr keeps
maven good habits (repositories, standard sources layout, standard
commands such as compile, test, install…) but remains a simple and easy
to extend tool.

We will see concrete exemples of real buildfiles. We will also see what
benefits are brought by rake and all the possibilities available with
the ruby language.

A few before/after maven and buildr examples :
  * telecom project : build goes from 12 min to 2 min : feedback is
faster and clearer. The team now dares to dramatically improves its product.
  * video projet : build shrinks from 14000 SLOC (maven 1) to 800 :
release duration and risk dramatically reduced on a very risky project.

buildr is available at : an active and open community
in the US and in Europe.

Format and length:
30 mins presentation

Intended audience and prerequisites:
Developers who care about their build and want a faster and better
feedback from their build

Objective(s) of the session:
Discover buildr
Have people trying it and adopting it, then contributing to it

Benefits for participants and presenter(s):
A new perspective about build tool : there are other ways to build code

-- Jean-Philippe Caruana

IMPORTANT.Les informations contenues dans ce message electronique y compris les fichiers attaches
sont strictement confidentielles
et peuvent etre protegees par la loi.
Ce message electronique est destine exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionne(s) ci-dessus.
Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur ou s il ne vous est pas destine, veuillez immediatement
le signaler  a l expediteur et effacer ce message
et tous les fichiers eventuellement attaches.
Toute lecture, exploitation ou transmission des informations contenues dans ce message est
Tout message electronique est susceptible d alteration.
A ce titre, le Groupe France Telecom decline toute responsabilite notamment s il a ete altere,
deforme ou falsifie.
De meme, il appartient au destinataire de s assurer de l absence de tout virus.

IMPORTANT.This e-mail message and any attachments are strictly confidential and may be protected
by law. This message is
intended only for the named recipient(s) above.
If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately
notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.
Any unauthorized view, usage or disclosure ofthis message is prohibited.
Since e-mail messages may not be reliable, France Telecom Group shall not be liable for any
message if modified, changed or falsified.
Additionally the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

View raw message