buildr-users mailing list archives

From Dan King <>
Subject Re: Possible to Test Groovy Code with RSpec/JRuby?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 00:28:11 GMT
> Just require 'buildr/groovy', put your groovy files under  src/main/groovy

Do you know why buildr pulls in groovy 1.7.5 even though I set the buildfile to
pull version 1.8.0 via:

GROOVY = transitive('org.codehaus.groovy:groovy:jar:1.8.0')
compile.with GROOVY

> and your rspec files under src/test/spec

Did you mean src/spec?

> One word of caution, though, the integration is fragile  because JRuby and
> RSpec have been moving targets and I don't think many  people have been using
> RSpec to test Java/Groovy stuff.   The code is  good but it's heavily
> dependent on the environment configuration being right  -- I believe the
> magic combination is JRuby v1.5.6, RSpec 2.1.0, with the  jruby 0.1 gem
> installed.

Thanks for the warning; so far it 'works,' but should it start to get
troublesome, I'll probably switch over to easyb.

View raw message