buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: JNI Support?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 15:00:04 GMT
Hi Marc-André,

2011/5/10 Marc-André Laverdière <>

> For my project, I wanted to add SIGAR for some system status reporting.
> I have an interesting problem though, as the jar doesn't include the .so
> files.
> I tried putting the libs in the jar, and then did a buildr eclipse.
> But then, in Eclipse, it complained that it didn't find the library,
> and that a variable needed to be set (java.library.path).

Merely putting native libraries in the jar doesn't work -- afaik, they would
need to be explicitly loaded by the application with System.loadLibrary().

> Is there a way to tell buildr to set that properly when building the
> eclipse files? What about the bundling of the jar?

There currently no way to set native library paths in the generated Eclipse
project configuration -- that would be a welcome improvement.  In the mean
time, you can just open the Java Build Path in Eclipse and set it there
after generating the Eclipse project.