buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Installing on Ubuntu 10.10
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:44:34 GMT
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Ingo Schmidt <> wrote:

> So what IS the recommended way to install buildr? And should it not
> actually install buildr somewhere in PATH by default?

The instructions provided on the site _should_ install buildr somewhere on
the PATH (during "gem install buildr").  I don't know why they don't, or
whether this only happens in some environments.

(Last time I installed buildr on my Ubuntu 10.4 system, it worked fine)

> Is installing RubyGems from source indeed the recommended way, even though
> it might work with the Debian packages?

'gem install buildr' is the recommended way for those who want an easy
install.  Installing from source involves more steps and requires additional
environment dependencies.