buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ingo Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Problem with packaging WARs
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:04:34 GMT
Hi Antoine,

I hadn't included the buildfile, because I had included the steps how to
create it (I let buildr create it). Anyway, here it is for convenience:
--------------- snip ---------------
# Generated by Buildr 1.4.3, change to your liking
# Version number for this release
# Group identifier for your projects
GROUP = "buildr-test"

# Specify Maven 2.0 remote repositories here, like this:
repositories.remote << ""

desc "The Buildr-test project"
define "buildr-test" do

   project.version = VERSION_NUMBER = GROUP
   manifest["Implementation-Vendor"] = COPYRIGHT

   define "app-war" do

> since we use timestamps to control what changed, Buildr probably didn't do
> anything the second time you asked, as the modification occurred last than a
> second before.

No, that is definitely NOT the case. I checked that. Trust me, I made
quite some tests before I came here and asked.

This was just an example so that it is easy for people to reproduce it.
If you could create this tiny project and try for yourself?

It happens on Windows and Linux, by the way.

Cheers, Ingo =;->