buildr-users mailing list archives

From Sebastiano Pilla <>
Subject Circular dependency with custom layout
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 16:30:44 GMT
I'm trying to use buildr in a multi-module ATG project, and the unit
testing tool we use requires the test resources to end in the same
directory as the test classes. I have defined a custom layout such as:

# define the layout for our projects
# src/main/java -> classes, src/test/java -> target/test-classes
# src/test/resources -> target/test-classes
StandardLayout =
StandardLayout[:source, :main, :java] = 'src/main/java'
StandardLayout[:target, :main, :classes] = 'classes'
StandardLayout[:source, :main, :resources] = 'resources'
StandardLayout[:source, :test, :java] = 'src/test/java'
StandardLayout[:source, :test, :resources] = 'src/test/resources'
StandardLayout[:target, :test, :classes] = 'target/test-classes'
StandardLayout[:target, :test, :resources] = 'target/test-classes'

and I have assigned this layout to the project and subproject.

The problem is that when I run buildr I get the following circular
dependency error:

D:\dev\progicommerce\src>%JRUBY_HOME%\bin\jruby -S buildr
(in D:/dev/progicommerce/src, development)
D:/dev/progicommerce/src/buildfile:4 warning: already initialized
constant VERSION
D:/dev/progicommerce/src/buildfile:7 warning: already initialized
constant VERSION
Building ProgiCommerce
Buildr aborted!
←[31mRuntimeError : Circular dependency detected: TOP => default =>
build => ProgiCommerce:build => ProgiCommerce:ATGDUST:build =>
ProgiCommerce:ATGDUST:test => ProgiCommerce:ATGDUST:test:compile =>
ProgiCommerce:ATGDUST:test:resources =>
D:/dev/progicommerce/src/ATGDUST/target/test-classes =>

Is there a way to have my test resources end in target/test-classes
along with the test classes?

View raw message