buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ed Smiley <>
Subject Anybody see this?
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:59:31 GMT
In the aftermath of changing over to getting Buildr to work with the new
JVM, I am seeing yet another issue, this one a tad obscure.
It's a little complicated to explain so bear with me.

In code (that is essentially the same and was working before) I had a step
where I set up a Java classpath early on in the build process which included
my (not yet existing) package jar file products.  I calculate where they
would end up and what they would be called to avoid a circular dependency on
package object, and also to set the classpath for RJB early on (as it lets
you set it later, but does not honor the new value).  I then have a
validation step where a list of Java classes and their expected subclasses
are instantiated (using
 As odd as it sounds this worked correctly, and have been using this for the
last six weeks until I hit this snag.

Now (and I put in debugging to ensure that that classpath is as I think it
is and that the jar file exists before running this check) classes that are
built in my jars are unable to be instantiated by the RJB Java object and I
get spurious errors.

Any insights?  Has this environment done something to unhinge the RJB
"classpath lifecycle"?  Perhaps something now creating the JVM earlier?