buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chiaming Hsu <>
Subject Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:19:43 GMT
I do use JTestR with Buildr for my current employer's build system.  We have
RSpec / JRuby tests mixed with JUnit4 tests in projects, and JTestR is the only
test framework I am aware of that can run all tests together, given that only
one test framework can be activated per project AFAIK.

I am willing to spend some of my off-work hours to help.  I am also on the
JTestR mailing list so I am aware that Ola responded to Alex that he did not
have time to move JTestR to RSpec 2.  Maybe I should start on that end?

Alex - if there is anything specific I need to know about this JTestR dependency
issues, please let me know.

Chiaming Hsu

----- Original Message ----
From: Rhett Sutphin <>
Sent: Sun, November 14, 2010 1:47:13 PM
Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support

On Nov 14, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> Anybody has used, currently using, or planning to use JtestR with Buildr?
> I'm asking because it's an expensive feature to maintain (the integration
> code is a bit awkward and the dependencies often misaligned) and I feel my
> time would be better spent on other things that would have a more
> significant impact on the project's success.
> The JtestR mailing lists are pretty quiet so it's hard to gauge the amount
> of interest in the framework itself.
> So if you have any interest in JtestR support, please raise you hand.

I note in favor of removing it: I ported an ant script that used jtestr to
buildr a long time ago.  At first I tried using buildr's jtestr support, but it
didn't work how I expected.  I switched to buildr's built-in rspec support and
things were much smoother.  So that's a possible transition path to suggest to
folks (if any) who are using jtestr+buildr.

View raw message