buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Rao, Kartikeya" <>
Subject RE: Flat Project Structure
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 01:15:25 GMT
Thanks but I would not want to change the layout of the projects.

Nesting projects within other projects does not align with our goals of
isolation and decoupling, we've worked hard on creating loosely coupled
yet reusable libraries that can be used across multiple projects.

This is not to say that we have circular dependencies, we don't,
dependencies run one way only.

Having a parent project under which all projects nest implies a
monolithic architecture which we don't have.

I really like the elegance and simplicity of buildr, however if it
absolutely needs me to nest related projects under a parent then I will
probably stick with ANT.

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information.
It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver
this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message
and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message
and its attachments which does not relate to the official business of the sending company
be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by that company or any of its related entities.
warranty is made that the e-mail or attachments are free from computer virus or other defect.