buildr-users mailing list archives

From Derrick Schneider <>
Subject Re: Integration Tests + Unit Tests in the same project?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 02:24:32 GMT
I found the same thing (or at least the alternate wasn't obvious) when I
recently set up the same functionality.

I got around it with a bit of a hack. I have a "longtests" environment in
profile.yaml, and unless I'm in that environment, I exclude any test file
named *LongTest. This, of course, means that developers have to know which
is which. But it does allow me to have a mode where I do DBUnit
setup/teardown, Spring config loading, and so on and so forth. (The build
machine runs them at every check-in, but I assume developers will get
frustrated if they have to run the time-consuming tests all the time.)

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Antoine Toulme <>wrote:

> I think that's the case right now, indeed. Buildr was trying to be more
> granular and say, we're either building java, or building a big war. The
> big
> assembly project at the end is the one that should require integration
> tests.
> At least I think that was the idea.
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 18:16, Peter Donald <>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am in the process of converting a bunch of builds based on
> > ant/maven/rake to buildr. One of the patterns that I can not see how
> > to directly translate into buildr is the single project with multiple
> > test types within it. i.e. A project has integration and unit tests
> > both written in java and both stored in test hierarchy. It also has
> > ruby based integration tests sitting side by side the java test code.
> > AFAICS buildr is not really set up for this scenario. It seems that
> > for each project there can only be one test invocation, one test
> > framework and can not run parts at both integration testing time and
> > unit testing time. Is this correct?
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to deal with this?
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Peter Donald

Writer. Programmer. Puzzle Designer.