buildr-users mailing list archives

From Mark Petrovic <>
Subject Executing Ant build scripts
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 05:15:34 GMT
I have a TestApp project located under trunk/ thusly:

TestApp is actually a NetBeans project that has a NB-generated Ant build file.

Given this buildfile fragment

    desc "TestApp"
    define "TestApp" do
      task :buildme do
        Java.classpath << artifact("org.apache.ant:ant-nodeps:jar:1.8.0")
        Java.classpath << artifact("org.apache.ant:ant-junit:jar:1.8.0")['-f', _("build.xml"), 'default'])
      compile :buildme

and this set of commands

$ pwd
$ cd testapps/TestApp
$ buildr clean package

I find the build of TestApp succeeds.

However, if I cd ../.. to trunk/ and execute

$ buildr clean package

I get

/Users/petrovic/f/trunk/testapps/TestApp/nbproject/build-impl.xml:501: Problem: failed to
create task or type propertyfile
Cause: the class was not found.
        This looks like one of Ant's optional components.
Action: Check that the appropriate optional JAR exists in
        -the IDE Ant configuration dialogs

Do not panic, this is a common problem.
The commonest cause is a missing JAR.

This is not a bug; it is a configuration problem

where is in ant-nodeps.jar.

Any idea why the build succeeds in the TestApp directory, but not two levels up in the trunk?

Mark Petrovic

View raw message