buildr-users mailing list archives

From Mark Petrovic <>
Subject Re: Intellij Plugin to provide clear view of buildfile
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 01:39:52 GMT
I actually started down the path of writing such an IJ plugin, but found while reading the
docs that I had to provide an extension for the file, as you found with NB.  I suspect there
is a way around this, as when I actually double-clicked my buildfile, IJ prompted me to bind
it to a language, which I did (Ruby).  And now I get all the supported-language goodness when
I edit the buildfile in IJ.

The plugin development documentation for a given IDE can be somewhat sketchy and rather decentralized.
 I may have missed something.

Sorry to subject you to this, but if the buildfile is Ruby, how do the 'desc' and 'define'
keywords fit into this?

On Sep 7, 2010, at 6:29 PM, Chiaming Hsu wrote:

> The buildfile is Ruby code.  Would you be able to make IntelliJ treat the
> buildfile as a Ruby source file?  I tell my gEdit that the buildfile is Ruby and
> it adds the syntax coloring nicely.  I had trouble doing that with NetBeans,
> though, since NetBeans insists that file type association must be done through
> "file extension" but my buildfile is just named buildfile without any file
> extension...
> Cheers,
> Chiaming Hsu

Mark Petrovic