buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chris Dean <>
Subject Re: Clojure support in Buildr
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 21:12:10 GMT
I have something working on my desktop.  I'm sure that there are many
things wrong, but it's ready for someone else to take a look at it.
What's the best way to send a patch?

Currently we have working:

- Compiling clojure
- Running clojure tests
- A clojure shell/repl
- A running swank server (Swank is part of an Emacs dev environment)
- Some docs

for some definition of "working".

Chris Dean

Chris Dean <> writes:
> Thanks.  I'll give it a go.
> My ignorance of Buildr is profound, but I'll see if I can stumble
> through.
> Cheers,
> Chris Dean
> Daniel Spiewak <> writes:
>> Tweak the branch!  Tweak the branch!  :-)
>> It is quite a bit out of date, I must admit.  I think I had it updated to
>> Buildr 1.3.5 and Clojure 1.0, but that was about where things stopped.
>> Clearly things have moved forward since then.  My advice to you would be to
>> fork that branch and then rebase it forward to the latest from git://
>> (which is an official mirror of the SVN,
>> maintained by Apache).  If you can get something working, we would love to
>> fold it into the Buildr mainline.  I've always thought that Clojure support
>> in Buildr would be cool (naturally, since I started the branch), I just
>> haven't had time to work on it recently.
>> Daniel
>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Chris Dean <> wrote:
>>> I'm interested in using Buildr on a Clojure project.  I downloaded a
>>> fork of buildr from and managed to
>>> get that somewhat working.
>>> If I wanted to continue using Buildr and Clojure what is the best path
>>> to take?  Should I tweak this branch? or is there something working in a
>>> newer branch?
>>> Thanks!
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris Dean