buildr-users mailing list archives

From Khristian Alexander Schönrock <>
Subject Re: Authenticated access to maven repo
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 02:12:12 GMT
I found some messages about patches enabling basic auth in http access with
Buildr, but I couldn't find how to do it anywhere.
I did, however, stumble upon this line in a changelog:
"request.should_receive(:basic_auth).with('john', 'secret')
URI("http://john:secret@#{@host_domain}").read end"
So I tried, in my repositories line, the following:
repositories.remote << URI.parse("http://user:pass@repo.url..."). And it
I hope this helps someone else, because I feel pretty dumb here :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Khristian Alexander Schönrock
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:57 PM
Subject: Authenticated access to maven repo

I'm trying out Buildr for some of my company's projects, and I'm already
speeding up some previously tedious tasks (at least packaging, so far).
For these tasks, I need to access our maven repo to download artifacts,
but I didn't have much success so far. Our repository manager (archiva)
only listens to secure connections(https), but, from what I see printed
in the output, Buildr converts them to regular HTTP.
The output contains this: "Failed to download
Buildr aborted!"

How do I specify these settings? Also, how can I import these settings
from my maven settings.xml file?

Thanks in advance,
Khristian Schönrock

View raw message