buildr-users mailing list archives

From Johan Venant <>
Subject how to set ivysettings.xml location using buildr extension
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:31:12 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to start a personal project using some "alternative" java tools.
My dream team is composed of [ivy, buildr, jetty, jersey, freemarker,
guice2, google apps api].
I'm facing some huge difficulties trying to manage my ivy repositories from
buildr. Especially with ivysettings.xml

Basically, it seems that the buidr ivy extension try to get the
ivysettings.xml from the ant-scripts project subfolder.
This is not a problem for me because I need my own settings to add
java.netand google maven repositories.
So I put my own ivysettings in ant-scripts
And it worked like a charme... At least to compile the project.
I use also the jetty buildr plugin to manage jetty server. This plugin
use Java.classpath to know which libraries to load on startup. This variable
is not set by ivy extension so I have to do it myself.
I assume that I will have to use the ivy filter or deps methods to retrieve
the compile classpath and to inject it in the Java.classpath. Thus, jetty
should by launch with a valid classpath.

My main problem is that if the compile action use the good ivysettings
located in ant-scripts, the ivy extension methods seems to use the default
one located in the ivy jar file. And I didn't find any way to change this

This is the kind of output I have using a ivy.deps inside my project :
:: Ivy 2.1.0 - 20090925235825 :: ::
[ivy_cachepath] :: loading settings :: url =
[ivy_cachepath] :: resolving dependencies ::
[ivy_cachepath] confs: [compile]
[ivy_cachepath] found javax.servlet#servlet-api;2.5 in public
Finishing by an unresolved dependencies errors on libraries from
java.netand google repositories

And this is the output without the deps (only compiling, no jetty stuff)
:: Ivy 2.1.0 - 20090925235825 :: ::
[ivy_resolve] :: loading settings :: file =
[ivy_resolve] :: resolving dependencies ::
[ivy_resolve] confs: [compile]
[ivy_resolve] found javax.servlet#servlet-api;2.5 in maven
This works very well

I'm a beginner on all those technologies. So any help is welcome.
Thank you very much,

PS : I also didn't find a clean way to overload the jetty version used by
the buildr plugin. The only way I found is by change the VERSION constant
directly inside the plugin sources.