buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Some buildr features
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:21:00 GMT
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 4:11 AM, Rafal Rusin <> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've got a few questions:
> 1. In buildr 1.2.10 I was able to run test cases from inner project
> directory by typing
> buildr clean test
> However from version 1.3, it also runs all tests from dependent
> subprojects. Could you fall back this behaviour?

If the tests have already run successfully, they shouldn't be run again so I
believe the current behavior is good.

In any case, in the upcoming Buildr 1.4 you can get the behavior you want by
adding "test=only" on the command line,

buildr test=only test

or by setting the TEST environment variable,

export TEST=only
buildr test

(documented at

> 2. Running a lot of tests eats a lot of memory. Consider Apache ODE
> 1.X branch and axis2-war tests. When they are run separately (one by
> one), they work well. However if you run them all, they eat around 2GB
> of memory. It hangs my laptop :-(.
> So is there something like fork JVM per test case option in buildr?

test.using :fork => :each

(documented at

> 3. Transitive dependencies.
> Is there a way to define a pool of dependencies in a file, so when
> some artifact uses some dependency, it's version is taken from this
> pool? It's something like dependencyManagement in Maven2, but in
> external file.

This may be close to what you want: