buildr-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Crain" <>
Subject installing edge on jruby
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:42:38 GMT
I've decided to give jruby a whirl b/c of the seg fault issues with rjb
on Linux. I'm able to install buildr 1.3.5 on jruby just fine, but
running into issues with edge.

Jruby -S rake install

This successfully builds, the gem but fails b/c of issues with sudo and
path on Unbuntu.

I then try to install the built gem manually:

adam@adam-laptop:~/code/buildr$ sudo env JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME jruby -S
gem install pkg/buildr-1.4.0.gem Building native extensions.  This could
take a while...

ERROR:  Error installing pkg/buildr-1.4.0.gem:

/home/adam/jruby/bin/jruby extconf.rb

WARNING: JRuby does not support native extensions or the `mkmf' library.

         Check for alternatives.

extconf.rb:20:in `include': undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass

      from extconf.rb:38

Gem files will remain installed in
/home/adam/jruby-1.4.0/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rjb-1.2.0 for inspection.

Results logged to

Any ideas?