buildr-users mailing list archives

From Niklaus Giger <>
Subject Re: Problems building eclipse application elexis
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 08:47:58 GMT
Hi Antoine
Am Samstag 24 April 2010 16:37:01 schrieb Antoine Toulme:
> You can use the doc from HEAD:
Thanks a lot for the link.

I however still have problems. I am using buildr 1.3.5 (should I upgrade to
1.4.0rc2 ?)

The following buildfile
res = require "buildr4osgi"
puts repositories.remote.inspect
puts "Has osgi "+ defined?(osgi).to_s
repositories.remote << ""
with the following settings.yaml
pwd: secret

    - /home/src/galileo2/eclipse

>buildr -v clean compile
>(in /home/src/elexis.analytica, development)
>Has osgi
>^Cniklaus@ng:/home/src/elexis.analytica$ buildr -v clean compile
>(in /home/src/elexis.analytica, development)
>Has osgi
Is there still something wrong with my setup?
If I add
	eclipseOsgi ='/home/src/galileo2/eclipse')
to the buildfile. It really reas the configuration in.

May I suggest that you change in
the line
- /my.osgi
- /path/to/my/eclipse/installation
It would be clearer for newbies like me.

I also checkout a bpmn. I think it is a very good idea to announce (free SW)
project which use the package. E.g. it would be a good idea also to put onto
the buildr homepage a few links to projects using buildr and/or buildr4osgi.
You might also speak about "design wins" with managers.

But building bpmn also had the same problem with missing osgi.containers.
Wouldn't it be nice to add some kind of "bootstrap" task which populates (may
be a local settings.yaml overriding the one in ~/.buildr) everything from
known sources somewhere in the internet and producing a suitable
settings.yaml? Or at least add a copy of the settings.yaml you used?

Best regards and again many thanks for your help.

> Thanks!
> Antoine

Niklaus Giger

View raw message