buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder>
Subject Re: enhancing the test task
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:07:01 GMT
i am still working through all the examples in the docs from time to time to provide some decent
examples for our inhouse developers (as can be seen here
and yesterday i was looking into the testing chapter...

there is no usecase that i can think of for this enhancement. i would always prefer putting
@Ignore annotations directly in my tests instead of changing the build!

btw: "But=" in line 3 of the chapter

kind regards,

Am 25.03.2010 um 23:43 schrieb Alex Boisvert:

> Yeah, sometimes our documentation is a little, ahem, forward-looking.  It
> definitely doesn't work on trunk.
> I don't know if this worked before and I'm not sure it's a good use-case.
> I'm guessing that if you tried it, it's because there was some appeal to
> it?  I'd be curious to understand your motivation.
> In any case, the behavior is under-spec'ed right now.   It's not clear if
> the block should be called if there's a test failure.   And if it should be
> called if test=all is passed.
> I'm open to any interpretation on this.  We'll update the doc once we reach
> a consensus.
> alex
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Peter Schröder <> wrote:
>> hi,
>> the buildr docs show an example for enhancing the test-task:
>> test do
>> fail 'More than 3 tests failed!' if test.failed_tests.size > 3
>> end
>> i did not manage to get that one working and i did not see any spec for the
>> usage. does it really work?
>> kind regards,
>> peter

View raw message