buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: always running test for other project
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:02:20 GMT
Hi Jean-Phillipe,

On Mar 25, 2010, at 8:40 AM, Jean-Philippe Caruana wrote:

> Le 23/03/2010 23:22, Antoine Toulme a écrit :
>> Sorry for sending the wrong message then.
>> Jen-Philippe, if you can reproduce the problem in an environment on
>> which we
>> can work (or even better write a spec), I'd be happy to fix the
>> problem.
> I tried to reproduce it in a new project "from scratch", but it
> worked as expected (no test rerun if all were succesful).
> On my project, I detected 2 flaws : one circular dependency (I
> killed it) and one dirty hack (I desactivated the test involed in
> that). But still, it launches all tests. I don't know how to isolate
> my problem, but I'm still working on it.

Something to check is whether a particular module is continuously re-
compiling anything in addition to continuously retesting.  I had a
problem like yours once.  The cause turned out to be that the java
source directory structure did not match the package directories[1]
which were created by javac, so buildr couldn't tell that the source
files had up-to-date corresponding binaries.

[1]:  The package in question was named something like  The (incorrect) source directory structure was
src/main/java/foo/bar.quux/tools.  javac (correctly) compiled into

> -- Jean-Philippe Caruana

View raw message