buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <>
Subject Tentative Outline for Profict Presentation
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:09:59 GMT
As promised, here is a tentative outline of the talk I'm going to give at
Profict Spring Camp 2010.  The talk is split into two, 40 minute sessions.
My concept is to spend the first session introducing Buildr and getting
everyone comfortable with its basic syntax and concepts, as well as some of
its more fundamental Java support.  Session two is where I want to dive into
the things which really differentiate Buildr from other tools (bear in mind
that the other two talks at the conference are about Maven 3 and Gradle,
respectively).  Except for the first two points, most of the "talk" is going
to be hands-on demos with some minimally pre-baked projects.  As they say:
"more code, less power point".

As noted in the outline, I don't currently have a slot to talk about
sub-projects, nor do I even mention :war packaging (which I believe is a
sufficiently-common case as to deserve special attention).

Thoughts/suggestions/insults are very welcome!