buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Controlling verbosity
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:59:44 GMT
This was brought up in another email but I figured it deserved a separate

Right now "buildr --trace" turns the verbose fire-hose to full blast.   This
means we run "javac -verbose", "ant --trace", "apt -verbose", ... which is
often overwhelming and of little use when you're simply debugging
Rake-related dependency issues.

One solution would be to selectively turn on the trace switch based on the
task so I was thinking of adding a BUILDR_TRACE environment variable that
would contain a list of comma-separated keywords to control tracing
behavior, e.g., export BUILDR_TRACE="javac,ant,apt".

Any better ideas?