buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Subprojects
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 05:08:48 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Peter Donald <>wrote:

> When I go to the base directory of the project and do a "buildr
> help:tasks", "buildr help:projects", "buildr help" etc - I do not
> expect it to go and package the subprojects before giving me help.
> When I use "buildr clean" I expect it to delete a directory rather
> than package the subprojects then delete the directory.

And I have the same expectation.

> If "buildr clean" in the base directory went and invoked clean on all
> the subprojects that would make sense but currently it is packaging
> them all.

Then there's something very wrong happening because that's not how Buildr is
supposed to work.  Either it's a bug, either it's an issue in your
buildfile.   Obviously I can't reproduce this (on many, many builds I use
every day) so you'll have to show us how you get into that situation.