buildr-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Philippe Caruana <>
Subject Re: always running test for other project
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:25:54 GMT
Le 23/03/2010 16:19, Rhett Sutphin a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Phillipe,

Hi Rhett,

>> I don't understand how buildr works - I thought i did though.
>> every time i launch "buildr package" in artifactToBuild or "buildr
>> test", it launches all the tests in commons-test and commons-util even
>> if nothing changed in this projects. These can be pretty long. How can
>> I do to change this behaviour ?
> It does this if you just run `buildr package` twice, back-to-back, with
> no changes to anything anywhere? That should not be.

that's what I thought too and that's my question.

> If you run with
> --trace, buildr will show you (in great detail) which tasks it is
> deciding to run and why. Try that and see what you find.
> Dependency issues like this can sometimes be hard to track down. I'd
> suggest starting with commons-test and seeing if you can get `buildr
> package` to work properly, then move to the next project in the chain, etc.

okay, it was my next step, but I was a little lazy since '--trace' is
really verbose. I will try to find out something in there.

ps : sorry for the end of mail crap in french/english : it's
automatically added by my company's smtp server and I can't remove it.

-- Jean-Philippe Caruana
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. CVF decline
toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire
immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur.
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited.
Messages are susceptible to alteration. CVF shall not be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it
immediately and inform the sender..

View raw message