buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <>
Subject Re: always running test for other project
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:19:31 GMT
Hi Jean-Phillipe,

On Mar 23, 2010, at 9:25 AM, Jean-Philippe Caruana wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't understand how buildr works - I thought i did though.
> I have a project made of several subprojects with dependencies
> between each other.
> /myProject (that's where my buildfile is)
> /---/commons-util
> /---/commons-test
> /---/artifactToBuild
> so my build file looks like something like this :
> define 'myProject' do
>  compile.using :target=>'1.5', :other=>['-encoding',
> 'ISO8859_1'] :debug=>true
>  desc 'utils for easy testing in the project'
>  define 'commons-test' do
>    test.resources
>    package :jar
>  end
>  desc 'utils for the whole project'
>  define 'commons-util' do
>    test.with project('commons-test'), JUNIT_3, MOCKRUNNER, DB_UNIT
>    package :jar
>  end
>  desc 'i want to build it as fast as possible'
>    define 'artifactToBuild' do
>      compile.with project('commons-util'),
>      test.with project('commons-test'), JUNIT_3, DB_UNIT
>      test.exclude 'Abstract*'
>      package :jar
>    end
> end
> every time i launch "buildr package" in artifactToBuild or "buildr
> test", it launches all the tests in commons-test and commons-util
> even if nothing changed in this projects. These can be pretty long.
> How can I do to change this behaviour ?

It does this if you just run `buildr package` twice, back-to-back,
with no changes to anything anywhere?  That should not be.  If you run
with --trace, buildr will show you (in great detail) which tasks it is
deciding to run and why.  Try that and see what you find.

Dependency issues like this can sometimes be hard to track down.  I'd
suggest starting with commons-test and seeing if you can get `buildr
package` to work properly, then move to the next project in the chain,

> (Buildr 1.3.5 )
> Thanks
> -- Jean-Philippe Caruana
> ********************************
> Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
> confidentiels et etablis a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires.
> Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.
> Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. CVF decline
> toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme
> ou falsifie.
> Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire
> immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur.
> *********************************
> intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or
> dissemination is prohibited.
> Messages are susceptible to alteration. CVF shall not be liable for
> the
> message if altered, changed or falsified.
> If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel
> it
> immediately and inform the sender..

View raw message