buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: Always compiling
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:55:19 GMT
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:49 AM, Oliver Frommel

> after some try and error I managed to create a buildfile for a small
> Scala project that uses some artifacts from Maven repo and some local
> libs. However every time I am running buildr it compiles the source code
> files again, even if nothing has changed. Is this the default behaviour
> or is there anything I can do to change it?

Most likely you have a source file (Foo.scala) that does not generate an
equivalent class file (Foo.class).

This pattern is currently required to only recompile sources that have
changed.   (Scala 2.8 offers a better way but this feature has not been
integrated yet).

You can run 'buildr --trace' and the logs should tell you which
recompilation is needed, e.g.,

** Invoke sugarcube:test:compile (first_time, not_needed)
Compile needed because source file
/home/boisvert/foo/src/main/scala/com/example/Foo.scala has no corresponding