buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chetan Sarva <>
Subject Excluding broken/missing transitive dependencies
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:33:19 GMT

I'm trying to figure out how to properly exclude a transitive
dependency, particularly when one of them is broken. I've got a simple
test case:

SPRING_WEB = transitive("org.springframework:spring-web:jar:3.0.1.RELEASE").reject
{ |a| == "activation" }

spring-web > jsp-api-2.1 > saaj-api-1.3 > activation-1.0.2

activation-1.0.2 is the broken dep, which I'm trying to reject but
from what I can tell, when the Artifact instance is first created it's
being added to the task chain for my project and so even though it
won't eventually get included in my projects JARs, it still does try
to download it.

Is there a workaround for this or is it a bug or new use case?

View raw message