buildr-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Smith <>
Subject Re: New buildr user questions
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 05:04:59 GMT
On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 22:06 -0800, Antoine Toulme wrote:
> More comments below :)
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 21:18, Kevin Smith <> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, that is one of the frustrations of the buildr documentation. I have
> > used rake extensively in the past, but it was several years ago. It
> > would be great to have one document that covers buildr+rake. I know it
> > would be difficult. Hopefully you can at least continue to add examples
> > and other documentation to mention the useful parts of rake as they
> > apply in a buildr context.
> >
> > With javadocs, at least when you are looking at a class, you get to see
> > all the methods that were inherited. rubydocs would be much nicer if
> > they could do that as well.
> >
> rdocs are published, here is the url:

I realize that the rdoc for rake is published, and the rdoc for buildr
is published. It would be great if they could be merged, and formatted
such that when you look at the WarTask, you could see all the inherited

(snipped good advice about structuring sub-projects)
> I hope this helps.

I think it does. Now that I have all of the basics working, I can start
optimizing, simplifying, and clarifying. I'm getting more and more
comfortable with the syntax and concepts, and as I continue to learn,
your advice will make more and more sense. This whole project has been
quite a bit harder than I had hoped, but I think it is turning out well.

Thanks again,

View raw message