buildr-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <>
Subject Re: Does buildr supports multiple sub-project?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:39:37 GMT
No, buildr does not support multiple projects defined in multiple files.
On the contrary to Maven, Buildr wants to use less files and make your build
clear for everybody.

Note that what you are doing means that those subprojects might not be set
up correctly, in particular they might end up having their target folder in
the wrong place.

If you think your projects should have a different lifecycle, in particular
if versioning should be different from one project to another, you should
create a buildfile per project. If you use git, note that the whole
repository needs to be tagged when releasing, and it's best in that case to
put one project and one buildfile in the repository, no more.