buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder>
Subject jruby ruby environment switch
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:13:46 GMT

i have a non-buildr-related question, but i think that here is a good place to ask!

i am currently working on os-x with ruby and jruby related tasks. i am including my jruby
executables and gems to the path in my .profile file.
if i want to switch to the default ruby environment i comment out that line and jruby is gone.
i have to reopen the command-lines everytime i do that and it is also confusing for me when
i forget to switch back, or i install gems to the wrong ruby version etc...

is there some best practice for that? is there some possibility to attach a custom profile
for the terminal so that i can open up two seperate terminal instances, a jruby and a ruby

i wish everyone a good start to the new decade!

kind regards,
View raw message