buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <>
Subject Re: Running tests that failed during last run
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:22:42 GMT
I don't think that JUnit has anything like this.  If I were you, I
would look to rspec for inspiration.  When we finish running tests for
a project, grab the list of test names which failed and save it to a
file (maybe target/failed-tests?).  Then have your run-failed-tests
task (maybe test:failed?) read that file and only run those tests,
rather than usin the test provider to determine the set of all tests
in that project.  Even better, you could still grab the list of all
tests and then intersect it with the set of failed tests.  That way,
you avoid running a previously-failed test which no longer exists.

At least, that's what I would do for this task.  Feel free to take a
different route.

On Jan 14, 2010, at 12:14 PM, "Antoine Toulme" <antoine@lunar-> wrote:

> I was thinking there was maybe something bundled in junit to do that
> and
> that we just need to press the right buttons.
> Totally ignorant of other test frameworks, but I can try with junit
> first
> and we could expand.
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 09:56, Alex Boisvert
> <>wrote:
>> Yes, yes, yes :)
>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Antoine Toulme <
>> >wrote:
>>> Is it possible as of today to have Buildr run the tests that
>>> failed during
>>> the latest run (and only them) ?
>>> If not, would that be an interesting contribution ?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Antoine

View raw message