buildr-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <>
Subject Re: Package Buildr plugins with Buildr standalone distributions
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:32:46 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 15:43, Alex Boisvert <> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Antoine Toulme <>wrote:
>> I have been working a bit with the standalone distrib of Buildr mounted on
>> JRuby and I liked it so far, I think it offers a very simple way to have
>> buildr around.
> Good to hear.
> I had the need to install gems on that jruby installation and my quick fix
>> was to edit the buildr executable, remove the mention of _buildr, run:
>> buildr gem install mygem
> That's the kind of feedback I was hoping for :)
>> Two questions:
>> 1. Can we have a way to install Buildr gems as part of Buildr in an easy
>> way?
> Yes, we could leave the original jruby executable/scripts in the distro for
> that purpose.
The more I think about it, the less I like having a jruby script in my path.
It is likely to be an issue or maybe not clear to me that it relates to
Could we use that -S parameter ? buildr -S gem install stuff.

This way I know for certain I am installing something in my buildr tool.

It's really more work for you, I would feel better with it though. You be
the judge.