buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: end-to-end build and deploy including Subversion checkout?
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:10:22 GMT
Hi Will,

The code checkout step is usually handed by the continuous integration
server, such as Hudson, Luntbuild/Quickbuild, Bamboo, etc.  It conveniently
avoids the bootstraping issue of having Buildr run before a buildfile is

If this is too heavy for you, I'd consider using Rake or just plain shell
scripts for bootstraping.  The rest can be handled by Buildr.  (If using
Rake, you can use parts of Buildr as a library if you need to download
artifacts and such before Buildr is launched)