buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <>
Subject Re: include :as is lazy?
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:29:46 GMT
On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Peter Schröder <> wrote:

> hi alex,
> most of the problems i get around are actually examples from the
> documentation!

Understood and I'm very thankful you bring these up.   Buggy documentation
is often worse than buggy code.

i (and all the people i am working with) use a 'buildr clean package' call
> for actually creating distributables. i think that everyone using a
> ci-system would take that approach for granted.

Yes, that's what I thought.

i usually use the _ aka path_to method for resolving paths (but i remember
> that there were some other problems with this, i will put this into another
> mail if i run into them again).
> you can have a look at the actual example here:

Yep, so unless anybody objects, I'm going to fix the documentation and
declare that:

  package(:file=>_(:target, '')).

is just as lazy as:

package(:file=>_(:target, '')).
    include('target/resources', :as=>'.')

for the reason mentioned in my last email.